sendmail.cf for RS/6000 ??

Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 23 05:32:36 AEST 1990

dwatts at ki.UUCP (Dan Watts) writes:

>Has anybody gotten a sendmail.cf to work on the RS/6000?
>Specifically, I've got an SGI which is my UUCP link to the outside world.
>Locally, I've got the RS/6000 and a Sun 4.  On the Sun 4, I defined my
>SGI as my mail router and all mail to 'user at host' or 'host!user' gets
>forwarded on to the SGI for delivery.  Of course, if the host is local,
>then the Sun just sends the email via TCP/IP on the Ethernet.

I found the sendmail/sendmail.cf system as supplied to be more than inadequate.
We've replaced it with the IDA sendmail (V5.65+IDA-1.3.5).  It doesn't work
with frozen config files unless you supply a malloc that doesn't put critical
values in the data segment.  A getpwent.c file that hasn't been linked with
the system malloc is required as well.

What I wouldn't give for a straight 4.3 BSD-reno port for our 6K.  AIX is one
royal pain in the neck.  Btw, the IDA sendmail can be found on uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
in the pub directory.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

I'm official (officially myself).  Accept no substitutes unless they pay cash.

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910