Installing 1.2 on a PS/2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Tue Oct 9 01:42:58 AEST 1990

In article <254 at dean1.usma.edu> aj4640 at dean1.acd.usam.edu (Major J.S. Robertson) writes:
>After applying the PTF disk set to AIX 1.2, the kernel rebuild
>starts, but then hangs indefinitely.  Turning the machine on and off
>leaves the lpp queue blocked.  qproc won't work, returning with a
>"local update failed."

>  Any suggestions??

One small suggestion that might prove helpful, at least in understanding just
what is happening. Before you run the update do an 'open csh', this will give
you an alternate hft session from where you can run ps and such to see just
what stage things are at when it "hangs". You might also try and run newkernel
manually and see if it can successfully build a kernel.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for LCC or IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM