Blasted 8 digit error codes!

jsalter at slo jsalter at slo
Fri Oct 12 03:23:44 AEST 1990

In article <30993 at netnews.upenn.edu> reilly at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (G. Brendan Reilly) writes:

>All of this has been an interesting discussion, but it appears that
>after taking the steps outlined that it is still the case that error
>messages from the C compiler come out in multi-line format.

>How do I make the C compile put out single line error messages that
>the next-error in EMACS can grok?

I doubt very much that you can.  Having worked extensively with the C compiler,
unless you make your own error message catalog, I don't believe that you
will be able to get rid of those messages.

If you do a:

	dspcat /usr/lpp/msg/C/xlc*msg.cat

you'll get a feel for the various messages the C compiler can put out.  It's
a LOT!

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
	"Waco is a state of mind.  Once you've gone there,
		you never come back" - Leo