AIX3.1 InfoExplorer/man pages gone and 1/4" tape drive problem

Frank Feuerbacher frank at gremlin.austin.ibm.com
Fri Oct 26 23:52:24 AEST 1990

In article <2696.27249cfb at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>,
pemurray at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Peter Murray) writes:
> Peter

Well, I did some looking, and it appears that du is using different units
for things on the CD and on the hard disk.  Try:
'cp -rf /usr/lpp/info/En_US/nav /tmp'

Then run 'du' on both versions of the nav directory.  Note that the CD version
is 1/4th the size of the /tmp version.  It appears that du on the CD is
returning sizes in 4K blocks on the CD and 1K on the hard disk.

I do not know if this problem has been fixed or reported.  Please report it!
If it has already been fixed, then calling in will ensure you get the fix.

- Frank Feuerbacher

Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer and they don't speak for me.