Got Update. But what is it?

Applied Magnetics 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 5 07:30:18 AEST 1990

In article <393 at nwnexus.WA.COM> golder at nwnexus.WA.COM (Warren Jones) writes:

>That's funny.  The tape we just received from IBM is designated U401154.
>For the record, our tape supposedly fixes problems ranging from
>   IX09744 Control-Y doesn't work for VI on a IBM3164.
>   IX09758 Semaphore fatal errors on multiple reads ...
>   to ...
>   IX11118 Highlighting would remain on after being set.
>   IX11457 Screen attributes where incorrectly passed.

Same list for U401153.

>I'm troubled by the fact that we wouldn't have known of the existence
>of this update except for gossip in this newsgroup.  Then our IBM SE
>(actually a very helpful and knowledgeable guy) assured us that we
>would receive it automatically -- not true.  Comments?

I *think* we got the tape automatically.  We had been complaining
about a problem with `hcon' (communication to mainframe).  We received
U401153 about the same time as the emergency fix for ix12789.  Was
there a relation?  (I don't see ix12789 on the tape's list;  the fix
worked.)

  --PA