Got Update. But what is it?

Warren Jones golder at nwnexus.WA.COM
Fri Oct 5 02:32:00 AEST 1990

In article <10313.2708575f at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu> lusgr at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
(Steve Roseman) writes:

>  I just got an AIX 3.1 update tape from IBM.  I guess it is the
>  famous 'July' or 3001 update, but it doesn't say.  All it has in
>  the form of an 'update level' is the designation U401153, both
>  on the tape and printed release notes.

That's funny.  The tape we just received from IBM is designated U401154.
Are we missing something?  Is there more than one update tape floating
around out there?  Perhaps the different numbers simply reflect different
media (we have 8mm).  For the record, our tape supposedly fixes problems
ranging from

   IX09744 Control-Y doesn't work for VI on a IBM3164.
   IX09758 Semaphore fatal errors on multiple reads ...

   to ...

   IX11118 Highlighting would remain on after being set.
   IX11457 Screen attributes where incorrectly passed.

What's on your tape?  (We have direct experience with some of the
bugs, so I'm glad to get the fixes.)

I'm troubled by the fact that we wouldn't have known of the existence
of this update except for gossip in this newsgroup.  Then our IBM SE
(actually a very helpful and knowledgeable guy) assured us that we
would receive it automatically -- not true.  Comments?