modems on RT (AIX 2.2.1)

Phil Windley/20000000 windley at cheetah.cs.uidaho.edu
Fri Oct 12 01:30:39 AEST 1990

I asked this in comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt a few days ago and got no response, so
I'll try here.

I'm trying to get an internal modem to work as a dial-in on an RT running
AIX 2.2.1.  The problem is that I can't find out how to send an
initialization string to it to get it to go into auto answer mode.  I've
tried just using echo to send strings to /dev/tty0 (the device for the
modem) but this seems to hang.  I've been all through the "Managing..."
manual without finding out how to do this.  They seems to assume that you
will use an external modem with switch settable properties.

Can anyone help?

--phil--
Phil Windley                          |  windley at cheetah.cs.uidaho.edu
Department of Computer Science        |  windley at ted.cs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho                   |
Moscow, ID 83843                      |  Phone: (208) 885-6501