Updating AIX 1.2 (Suggestion)

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Oct 23 00:34:39 AEST 1990

Recent post(s) have commented on the difficulty of finding space on an
AIX PS/2 system to apply the updates.  I thought I'd never have this problem
with 300M, but...

My approach was to
   rm -rf /usr/lpp/X11
   rm -rf /usr/lpp/x11smpls

After all, using X on a PS/2 as a terminal to our 6000 was abysmal anyhow!
(Can you say 30 seconds to display a screen from Info?  Sure, I new you
 could!)

It appears that you only need the 38,000 blocks free to APPLY the updates.
You can probably reinstall X, and update it afterward (but I'm not going
to bother).
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."