Updating AIX 1.2 (Suggestion)

jsalter at slo jsalter at slo
Thu Oct 25 12:06:20 AEST 1990

In article <1032 at nlsun1.oracle.nl> bengsig at oracle.nl (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>|And, no, the ODM does not contain apar-fixes information as well :-).
>Since when did the PS/2 have an ODM?  (I wish it had)

Well, there are a lot of people who are glad it doesn't, but that's another
matter for another time.

As for the other information, you are, of course, correct.  My brain was
completely on the 6000 when I made those comments.  It's correct for the
6000, too.  It just doesn't work for the PS/2, which is what was originally
commented on...  Thanks for keeping me honest.

>As a closing remark (completely out of context), it would be so, _so_, _SO_
>nice if IBM had an internet nameserver located @ibm.com, using MX records or
>whatever, so that we could simply mail you person at somewhere.ibm.com.  Since
>you are so much into the Unix business with the RISC System/6000 you should
>really get this set up as well.  It would also make my signature shorter :-)

You are not the only one.  Keep trying.  After all, it worked with the
"Open Letter on USENET" for HP/Apollo customers.  Speaking of which, I
think HP/Apollo brought up some good points about using the internet
for bug fixes and bug reporting.

I'm sure companies will start using e-mail for bug-reporting and maybe
even bug-fix distribution.  The question, though, is when.  And what
does legal have to say about it.

>Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl
>            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.