Is Motif on the RS6000 "normal" ?

Steve Friedl friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US
Tue Oct 2 02:26:25 AEST 1990

Hi folks,

    We are looking at getting an RS6000 for some X development,
and we understand that it comes with OSF/Motif.  Our experience
with IBM in the past is that they have their own way of doing
things, the rest of the world notwithstanding.  The RS6000 seems
to be in a much more mainstream direction, but I wanted to find
out from the net.wizards at large whether their version was
reasonable.  If we develop an application using their particular
widget set, do we stand a fighting chance of making it run on
another platform with Motif?

     Thanks,
     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / I speak for me only / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

"There are no technical problems that marketing can't overcome" - Gary W. Keefe