AIX 3.1 directories (was Re: AIX LPR OPTIONS (?))

jsalter at slo jsalter at slo
Fri Oct 5 03:07:42 AEST 1990

In article<293 at crcaus.cactus.org> john at crcaus.cactus org (John R. Miller) writes:
>I don't think this is correct.  In particular, I don't think there is
>anything special about the first 14 characters of a filename in the way
>it's stored in a directory in AIX 3.1, and I don't think there are any
>pointers involved.  I don't have an S/6000 or a pure 4.3BSD machine
>handy to check this on, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the
>layout of the directories is similar.

Yes, I was going on old memory.  I should've qualified that.  Then again,
sometimes I think they just tell me these things to stop me from opening up
more error reports. :-)

>disclaimer:  Not to be confused with my employer.

Heaven forbid someone'd confuse me knowing anything about what Big Blue
actually means to say.

>John R. Miller							  512/331-0155
>Austin, Texas  78729			   ...cs.utexas.edu!bigtex!crcaus!john

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: ibmsupt!jsalter at uunet.uu.net         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
	"Waco is a state of mind.  Once you've gone there,
		you never come back" - Leo