AIX V3.1 (RS/6000) linker problems

/50000 rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Tue Oct 30 04:53:27 AEST 1990

In article <129 at .msinc.msi.com> peter at msinc.msi.com (Peter Blemel) writes:

   While never having encountered this manifestation, I am plagued by another
   mean nasty bug. When linking large executables, the linker starts to claim
   that symbols are undefined when in fact they were defined the last time I
   linked the code! If I swap the order of the objects different objects become
   undefined while previously undefined objects are now okay.

I'd suggest trying the additional flag "-b nodelcsect" on your links.
This often makes those nasty unresolved symbols "go away".  Lets
just say that this flag should be the default, but it is not
currently.   A rule of thumb is that if your link involves duplicate
symbols, then this flag will probably help.

Rudy Chukran            |       EMAIL:            | Voice:
IBM AIX Porting Center  | RSCS: CHUKRAN at AUSTIN |512-838-4674
11400 Burnet Rd.        | AWDnet: rudy at chukran    |Tieline: 678-4674
Internal ZIP 2830       |                         |
Austin, Texas 78758     |                         |