minidisks command won't delete

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Thu Oct 25 21:18:24 AEST 1990

shawn at jdyx.UUCP (Shawn Hayes) writes:

>  I'm not so sure that using the maintenance diskettes will let you delete
>/u.  I had been using /u for testing raw disk interfaces and wanted to
>clean it up.  Since I wasn't sure of how to do it I thought I'd delete it
>and recreate it.  I could not delete it when running the minidisk command
>and I could not delete when I booted off my maintenance diskette.

Ditto.

A boot in single-user mode from the hard disk tells me that I am not
"allowed" to delete that disk.  The only improvement with the maintenance
diskette is that it also tells me that I am not allowed "because it is a
system minidisk."  I believe that AIX 1.2 incorrectly identifies /u
as a "system" disk. If others concurr, I'll report it as a bug.  As for
now, I guess its time for ANOTHER re-install.  :-(

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."