can additional PAGING SPACE be NFS'd ?

Ivan Maldonado ivan%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Sun Oct 21 01:38:16 AEST 1990

Has anyone tried NFS'ing additional paging space ? or is it
only strictly applicable to file-systems ?

Our RS/6000 has *no free PPs* and all other file-systems nearly
full (sound familiar?), until our extra SCSI disk arrives.

In the mean time, while the OS is running (by itself taking ~1/2
of the 32MB page spacing setup by the IBM guru), only one BIG job
can run at a time without getting everything KILLED.

Any suggestions ?  Thanks!

-Ivan

| Guillermo Ivan Maldonado        |  Internet: ivan%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu |
| Dept. of Nuclear Engineering    |  BITNET  : maldonado at ncsune           |
| North Carolina State University |----------------------------------------
| NCSU Box # 7909                 |   ... que viva Quito !                |
| Raleigh. NC 27695-7909          |         ... que viva el ECUADOR !!    |