Large cheap disks for AIX 3.1?

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Sat Oct 20 10:38:26 AEST 1990

Can anyone supply me with the names or vendors and/or disk names which are:

1) Large (on the over of 1Gb or so)
2) Cheap (something fairly reliable also, hopefully)
3) Known to work with AIX 3.1

The last one is the most important so I hear!  I have heard that AIX on the
RS/6000's is rather picky about some aspects of the disk drives the software
understands.  I've been working on an RS/6000 for almost a year now (we got
a "early ship" version), but I haven't tried adding a third party disk to it.

I take for granted that IBM disks are expensive and I've added third party
disks to many, many versions of Unix in the past.  I just have no experience
with AIX on the RS/6000.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Please send responses to me personally and I'll summarize to the net if there
is any demand for it.  Thanks.