Networking a PS/2 80 AIX Node

Peter Mroz mroz at eplrx7.uucp
Wed Oct 31 00:40:57 AEST 1990

I am trying to network an AIX node.

The system description is:
    PS/2 Model 80 (microchannel)
    3Com ethernet card
    AIX 1.2 for PCs
    TCP/IP for AIX 1.2

In setting the system up, the 3Com card is installed with an
option diskette.  In loading the AIX or the TCP/IP, I was not
queried for any setup such as specifying a device drivers for
AIX.

Error messages that I see during startup and at issuing ifconfig:
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS): no such interface

This hints thats the ethernet interface is not properly configured.
I am missing something somewhere!!
I do have correct entries for the node name in /etc/hosts.

Thanks in advance for any help

--
    Peter Mroz                    |    E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mroz at uunet.uu.net      |    Consultant, Scicon
--
The UUCP Mailer