Several questions on AIX PS/2 Ver. 1.2. Please help.

Dwight Tovey dwight at altair.la.locus.com
Wed Oct 24 06:01:08 AEST 1990

In article <15594 at hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>I have several questions regarding AIX 1.2 for the PS/2:

I can only respond about #4, so:

>4. I just got the 20 disk corrective services disks for AIX 1.2. It says
>   that I need about 23 MB of free space to apply it to a 'full' system,
>   but I can't GET 23 MB, because I have a FULL SYSTEM :=) on a 120 MB
>   disk. I've cleaned it out - but still don't have 23 MB free. I'm afraid
>   to start the update, for fear I won't be able to update parts at a time.
>   Can I (only update SOME of the lpps each go-round)? Any suggestions?

You can always update individual LPPs, or selected sets.  When you get the
menu of updateable LPPs, just type in the numbers of the ones you want to
update this go-round.  Also, look in the manual for the 'cleanup' command.
This command allows you to move service "save sets" off of your filesystem
and onto long-term storage, like a floppy or tape.  This should free up a
lot of space for you.

>Looking forward to any responses.
>Thanks . . .
>
>Harry
>--

	/dwight
	Dwight Tovey
	dwight at locus.com
The views I express are entirely my own and do not in any way represent
those of Locus Computing.