TeX for RISC6000 again

Andrew D Nimmo andrewn at syma.sussex.ac.uk
Tue Oct 16 20:51:50 AEST 1990

>From article <10238 at ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, by flatau at handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (flatau):
> I got tex.tar from byron.u.washington.edu.
> We were able to get TEX and LATEX to work.
> However, there are some problems with this particular
> implementation:
> Peter

	Just before the RS6000 was announced, I wrote to IBM
asking if they would like TeX ported to their new machines,
in return for time on the machines.  After much delay I was
told that Univ. Washington where preparing a port---I don't
know if this was officially undertaken, but IBM gave me the
impression that a working TeX would be available soon (I was
told this ~6 months ago)

	I guess someone official at u.wash can help.

Andrew

--