RS/6000 printing to Apple Laserwriter

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Thu Oct 18 01:20:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct12.190015.10799 at caen.engin.umich.edu>,
wross at caen.engin.umich.edu (Wendy Ross) writes:
Wendy> I have the device set up properly (ie I can echo postscript
Wendy> commands to /dev/lp0 and it works), and I even got a postscript
Wendy> file to print using this crazy AIX printing.  The problem comes
Wendy> when trying to print ASCII files.  What is the proper
Wendy> formatter/input filter to translate ASCII to postscript?  Has
Wendy> anyone modified one of the predefined printers to successfully
Wendy> work?

I don't believe IBM supplied an ASCII to PostScript filter... Some
freely available ones are A2PS (comp.sources.unix archives like
gatekeeper.dec.com) and mpage...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +