RS/6000 printing to Apple Laserwriter

Wendy Ross wross at caen.engin.umich.edu
Sat Oct 13 05:00:15 AEST 1990

Has anyone managed to get a serial-line attached Apple Laserwriter
to print from an RS/6000?

I have the device set up properly (ie I can echo postscript commands
to /dev/lp0 and it works), and I even got a postscript file
to print using this crazy AIX printing.  The problem comes when
trying to print ASCII files.   What is the proper formatter/input
filter to translate ASCII to postscript?  Has anyone modified one
of the predefined printers to successfully work?

Thanks for any help.

Wendy Ross
internet:  wross at caen.engin.umich.edu
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor