C-Fortran cocktail ('6000)

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Thu Oct 11 00:59:18 AEST 1990

 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Applied Magnetics) writes:

 > Where are the linkage conventions of xlc and xlf documented?  I
 > occasionally need to write a Fortran-callable primitive in C.  The
 > tricky bit this time is for my C code to find the blank common.

 You can find a wealth of information on linkage conventions in
 InfoExplorer by searching on the keywords "fortran", "linkage", and
 "convention".  For quick access to some important concerns, search
 separately on the keywords "%VAL" and "%REF".  Regarding finding the
 blank common, in my research, I have found that it is not accessible
 from C.  The simplest solution is to name the common.  Once the common
 is named, you can define it to your C code as a struct with field names
 matching the names of the common variables.

Russ Heise, AIX Technical Support, IBM