No load average on the RS/6000 AIX

Mike Neil mackid at mondo.engin.umich.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:41:11 AEST 1990

  Is it just me or is there no way to get the load average on and
RS/6000 running AIX.  There is no xload.  w and uptime returns
a value they call "Runable processes".  This is only valid for
that instant.  I am trying to write some code that balances
loads across multiple machines with multiple users, and I
can't find any mention of a way to get the load averages.

  Is there any way to get the load average?
  And if not, why not!