Installing 1.2 on a PS/2

HAAS hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU
Sun Oct 7 01:40:03 AEST 1990

>>I am also running TCP/IP. It works fine, except . . . there is an OS bug
>>that will not let you connect outside your domain. I have no clue as to
>
>What do you mean "not let you connect outside your domain"?  I have no

If my ethernet address is: name at haas.gatech.edu, then I can connect to
any machine (or mail to any user) under gatech, like bob at hydra.gatech.edu,
but NOT to, say, bob at mentor.purdue.edu. IBM told our Georgia Tech coordinator
that this was an OS bug.

>AIX 1.2 certainly allows you to connect anywhere in the Internet.
>You have to set your default gateway of course using the 'route'
>command.
>
>Steve Dyer

Interesting. My default gateway is set, as well as my nameserver.
The nameserver works fine for local connects. I cannot connect outside
my domain even if I use the absolute address, bypassing the nameserver.

It sounds like you have your machine working, so I wonder if IBM has given us
bogus info. What updates have you applied?

Thanks.

Hap
--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RIDL/DB         "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2