elm 2.3 PL6 on RS/6000 AIX

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Sat Sep 29 05:27:51 AEST 1990

In <8238 at milton.u.washington.edu> eliot at lanmola.engr.washington.edu (Eliot Lim) writes:
>In article <822 at lafayet.UUCP> rob at lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) writes:
>>	I am trying to get elm 2.3PL6 going under AIX on a RS/6000.
>>char *strtok()  ... I think its line 45
>>
>>PARAMETER LIST CANNOT CONTAIN FEWER PARAMETERS THAT REQUIRED BY THE MACRO
>>DEFINITION.

Yep.  xlc will NOT let you do redefinitions of predefined routines....
if it's defined in any included files, you can't have it (again)
in the main source.  Period.  Even if they match.

I don't know how many times I had to go and change

int strcmp();

/* int strcmp();
IBM strikes again...
*/

to get the thing to work...  but work it does, now....

>.....  I had to change the flock call somewhere from RO to RW
>to get past that too.

I didn't have to diddle with flock() anywhere.... may have had
something to do with the way I set up things in Configure.

Glenn R. Stone
gs26 at prism.gatech.edu, glenns at eas.gatech.edu