Why doesn't df reflect paritition change?

Frank Feuerbacher frank at gremlin.austin.ibm.com
Fri Sep 14 08:58:04 AEST 1990

> That is, if I had executed the
> correct chfs command to begin with, would it have automatically
> allocated enough free LP's to complete the operation?

Yes.  The chfs command will automatically increase allocate LP's for you.

The command that SMIT executes is: chfs -a size = xxx (512 byte blocks).

You can use the SMIT function key F6 to see what command and its ags that you
are about to execute.  And you can look at the file $HOME/smit.script to
see a log of the commands that you have executed via SMIT.

SMIT is only an interface, the commands it drives do the work.

Hope this helps some.

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for my employer and they don't speak for me.