Comparing OS/2 and AIX

Shawn Hayes shawn at jdyx.UUCP
Fri Sep 14 08:53:57 AEST 1990

	In the course of comparing OS/2 and AIX I've come across another
interesting result that hopefully someone can explain.   In the benchmark
I'm working on now there are 5 programs that are communicating through
quesues.  One program acts as a receiver and the other four are senders.
For each message that the senders send to the receiver program the receive will
send a message back to that sender.  The results that we got show AIX running
3 times as slow as OS/2.  For the test I have five open shells under AIX
and five screen groups for OS/2 so the overhead should be similar.

   I'm beginning to feel like AIX 1.2 may not be nearly as optimized as it
needs to be, but I'm willing to give it every chance possible.  Anyone have any
suggestions on possible speedups for AIX.