XLC optimizer error

Ed Clarke/10240000 clarke at acheron.uucp
Thu Sep 27 14:41:44 AEST 1990

> I'm submitting this problem report to IBM (others may already have
> done so as well), maybe we'll see it get fixed.

I submitted it (unoficially) to the C maintenance people and also
gave a copy to one of the optimizer designers.  His comment (freely
translated) was "Oh my!  That's not good" ...  I suspect that a fix
will be forthcoming fairly quickly from one group or the other.

The test case was quite clear - thanks for posting it.
--
               | "Pain, n.  An uncomfortable frame of mind that may have
Ed Clarke      |  a physical basis in something that is being done to the
acheron!clarke |  body, or may be purely mental, caused by the good fortune