RS-6000 (is there an elegant way to kill "X"?)

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Sat Sep 15 04:30:03 AEST 1990

In article <957 at nlsun1.oracle.nl>, hbergh at oracle.nl (Herbert van den
Bergh) writes:
In article <IVAN%NEPJT.90Sep13133133 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>
ivan%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Ivan Maldonado) writes:
>Under the absence of a "screen saver" utility, I find myself
>doing a "ps -a" and a "kill PID" to kill "X" from the console
>all the time.
Herbert> It has been mentioned here before:
Herbert> Typing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace on the graphics screen keyboard will
Herbert> stop the X server.

Then again, a lot of us disable this "feature" when invoking X to make
using xlock more secure... ctrl-alt-bspace doesn't really seem any
more elegant than a kill...

						Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan at austin.iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +