RS-6000 (is there an elegant way to kill "X"?)

rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Sat Sep 15 08:02:08 AEST 1990

I just kill mwm with the menu popdown provided.  I startup X with "open xinit".
the last thing in xinitrc is "exec mwm", therefore mwm becomes the
process group
leader for the virtual terminal.   When mwm exits, all her children get
a SIGHUP,
including X.   No nasty messages about server killed either.

Rudy Chukran            |       EMAIL:
IBM AIX Porting Center  | RSCS: CHUKRAN at AUSTIN
11400 Burnet Rd.        | AWDnet: rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Internal ZIP 2830       | internet: chukran at austin.iinus1.ibm.com
Austin, Texas 78758     | Voice: 512-838-4674  Tieline: 678-4674