PCSIM on the RISC6000 (problems)

Markus Schulte markuss at nadia.stgt.sub.org
Mon Sep 10 00:55:43 AEST 1990

Hi to everybody!

We are having problems with PCSIM on the RISC6000. Could anybody help?

First one: Keyboard are entries not displayed

We do enter PCSIM by pcsim -c /dos -a. Then we get into the normal DOS.
Once one gets below the 23rd line data entered via the keyboard is not
display any more. We tried experimenting with the LINES variable from
ksh, which should also influence PCSIM, but no success. If the screen is
cleared via the DOS-Command "CLS", the cursor is in the top left corner
again, and entries are shown until the 23 rd line is reached again.
Can anybody help us?

Second one: IBM 3151 Terminal interprets graphic characters > 127 wrong (PCSIM)

We use graphic characters for boxes a lot in our applications. If we
use an IBM 3151 terminal to work with PCSIM, all the graphic characters
go nuts... A VT220 emulations a pc works fine. We have tried the national
and international setting for the 3151. The cartridge used in the terminal
is german vt100/vt220. Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

I would be absolutely delighted if you could mail answers to this area, our to
me direct: markuss at nadia.stgt.sub.org

Thanks a lot!

Markus Schulte