Token ring to Ethernet revisited.

drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com
Sun Sep 9 04:56:47 AEST 1990

In article <91052 at cc.utah.edu> JJDAVIS at cc.utah.edu writes:

>RISC/6000 token ring <---> plug something distinct in here <--> Ethernet
>
>I call ? and order a ?.

IBM sells a standalone Token Ring to Ethernet bridge; I think it's the
8208.  And there are a number of vendors that sell stand-alone IP routers
that can handle both Token Ring and Ethernet ... I know Cisco sells such
a box, and I'm sure there are many other vendors.  You might move this
into comp.protocols.tcp-ip to get the widest range of opinions on the
subject.

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center
Internet:  drake at ibm.com            BITNET:  DRAKE at ALMADEN
Usenet:    ...!uunet!ibmarc!drake   Phone:   (408) 927-1861