Exabyte and the IBM-6000/530

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Sat Sep 29 02:57:45 AEST 1990

We are getting an Exabyte 8mm 2.5Gig tape system directly from the
manufacturer and may be purchasing an IBM 6000/530 soon.  Is it reasonable
to expect this drive to run on the 6000/530 given that we acquire the
correct cables from IBM?  In other words, do IBM's drivers support an
Exabyte drive in the same way they support their own internal 8mm tape
system?  If not, what steps do I need to go through to attach an
Exabyte?   Thanks in advance.  --Tim

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
                         Atmospheric Chemistry Division
fredrick at ncar.ucar.edu   PO Box 3000
fredrick at ncar.CSNET      Boulder, CO 80307