Network configuration (hostname) problem

Peter Murray pemurray at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Thu Sep 20 01:27:25 AEST 1990

We recently installed a RS/6000 powerserver on our network, and originally
gave it the name RISCSRV.  Well, a couple of days later, someone came up
with a better name, APSRISC.  So we changed the name in the BIND tables,
and used the SMIT interface to change the configuration of TCP/IP.  In
almost all cases ('rwhod', telnets, ftps, etc) the name is APSRISC.
However, when telnetting from APSRISC to another machine, the hostname
(in a 'who' command) shows up as RISCSRV.  Also, in a 'netstat' command
on the RS/6000, RISCSRV show up again.

Does anyone know where RISCSRV is being stored?  And how to change it?

Thanks for your help.

Peter
--
Peter Murray            Neat UNIX Stunts #4:             pemurray at miavx1.bitnet