Why doesn't df reflect paritition change?

dcm dcm at toysrus.uucp
Fri Sep 14 09:30:09 AEST 1990

In article <7417 at aides.watson.ibm.com> marc at ibm.com (Marc Auslander) writes:

>To make a file system bigger, go to the smit pannel for enlarging the
>file system.  What you did was to make the logical volume bigger without
>then updating the file system to reflect the added space.
>
>The is a way to fix this, but I am not sure what it is, and its something
>I can't experiment with.  You might play with the chfs command.

	Yep, chfs is smart enough to handle this case.  It queries the
	logical volume before it decides if it should expand it or not.
	Piece of cake.

	But, to expand filesystems, either use the the filesystems
	menu in smit or use chfs directly.  Don't mess with expanding
	logical volumes.  It's a wasted step.

		Craig

p.s.	undocumented debug flag on {cr,ch,rm,ls}fs:  -D
	prints out fun debugging stuff - great if you get bored...
--------
	Craig Miller, contractor @ IBM AWD, Austin  (I don't speak for IBM)
	UUCP: ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!toysrus.austin.ibm.com!dcm

	"Just because it works doesn't means it's right, stupid!"
	"Don't believe .signature files."