Why doesn't df reflect paritition change?

Ronald S. Woan woan at peyote.cactus.org
Fri Sep 14 13:43:25 AEST 1990

In article <7417 at aides.watson.ibm.com>, marc at ibm.com (Marc Auslander) writes:
> To make a file system bigger, go to the smit pannel for enlarging the
> file system.  What you did was to make the logical volume bigger without
> then updating the file system to reflect the added space.
>
> The is a way to fix this, but I am not sure what it is, and its something
> I can't experiment with.  You might play with the chfs command.

Yes you can use the chfs command, i.e. to set /u to something:
chfs /u -a size=#, where # indicate the number of blocks total for the
filesystem. Warning though, you can't shrink it if I remember correctly.

				Ron
+ Ronald S. Woan           woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan at soda.berkeley.edu +
+ othernet                          Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +