DOS/Merge & NFS problem under AIX 1.2 on PS/2

Stephen Ayers sda at edc.UUCP
Mon Sep 10 20:13:30 AEST 1990

I am having problems accessing NFS mounted files from DOS/Merge under
AIX 1.2 on PS/2's. (updates throught 1005 installed)

It happens when I have an NFS mounted volume from a Sun and I try running
any DOS application to access a file in that directory. This includes
simple programs like "type". Each time DOS just hangs and must be killed.

Sometimes a warning message about inodes being too large to fit into
shorts is displayed.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

--
Stephen Ayers
Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company