RS-6000 (is there an elegant way to kill "X"?)

m-hirano at sra.co.jp m-hirano at sra.co.jp
Wed Sep 19 22:43:47 AEST 1990

In article <3560 at awdprime.UUCP> ron at woan (Ronald S. Woan) writes:

 Ron >>Forgive my ignorance, but what does the X11R4 xinit program feature? I
 Ron >>always thought that it was basically like the supplied shell script,
 Ron >>in that it invokes a user's ~/.xinitrc when found...

  make sense !
  program "xinit" invokes X and ~/.xinitrc. There is no problem
 and no difference between X11R4 and X11R3.
  Why I had to kill X by "Ctrl-Alt-Backspace" is " AIXwindow's
 xinit invokes ~/.xinitrc with "&". ".
  So, even if I invoke "exec XXX" at the end of ~/.xinitrc and
 exit from XXX, I can't kill X.

  I don't want to modify "/usr/lpp/X11/bin/xinit" ,
 I use X11's xinit :-)

			Motonori "Heita" Hirano
			Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
			E-mail: m-hirano at sra.co.jp