Risc/6000 date/time after New Year's

CCVJ at lure.latrobe.edu.au CCVJ at lure.latrobe.edu.au
Wed Jan 9 20:57:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan3.200740.16131 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, keith at sscsu.Stanford.EDU (Keith Rich) writes:
> I find that the date/time is wrong whenever I reboot.  I didn't have this
> problem until after New Year's.  The first reboot after New Year's seemed
> to lose a day.  This happened on the second, but it said the first.  Now
> I have reset the date (using smit), but when I reboot, the clock is about
> five hours slow (I tried several times).  I am running AIX 3.1 rev 1.3,
> and I have also seen the problem on AIX 3.1 rev 1.2 (is there a standard
> way to say this?).
>
> When I set the date (using either smit or just date), it replies with:
>
> date: The time service is not available on your system.
>
> So, does anyone know how I can fix this?
>
> Keith Rich (keith at sscsu.stanford.edu)

We have had problems too - no error messages, just the date going 5
hours behind on reboot, since New Year.  We have been told that it
will be fixed "properly" in update 2003 (I too am confused about the
level numbering - currently its 01.01.0001.0003, I think 2003 referrs
to 01.01.0002.0003?!).
This revision is expected in Australia in about two weeks

Vicki Jordan
Computing Services, La Trobe University
Bundoora, Vic. 3083, Australia

AARNet: ccvj at lure.latrobe.edu.au