Source for Third Party SCSI drives

Andrew C Hsu ahsu at grad2.cis.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 10 04:12:35 AEST 1991

Many people have been asking about installing 3rd party drives for
their RS6000 machines and I'm glad to report that we finally got our
drive to work.

We purchased a 670MEG maxstor drive from the folks at National
Peripherals Inc.  Their phone number is (708)-325-4151 and the person to
talk to is Paul Crowe.  We chose NPI because they offered the best
prices out of the 20 places that we called and because they were willing
to guarantee that their drives would work on the RS6000.  When we got
our drive, their tech man was quite competant in describing how to
install the drive (we were able to bring up the system within a
half-hour phone conversation with him).  Overall we have been quite
pleased with our drive and the folks at NPI.

--> Andrew Hsu
Institute for Neurological Sciences, the University of Pennsylvania
ahsu at axon.ee.upenn.edu
"Cutting the edge between VLSI and neuroscience"