AIX PS/2 patch 1009: Which Tape? Large SCSIs?

HAAS hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU
Wed Jan 16 16:35:50 AEST 1991

Several people reponded to my post and stated that the latest patch for
AIX PS/2 1.2 is 1008, with 1009 to be released VERY soon (or already).
Thanks to all that responded.

I have two more questions.

1.) 1009 is supposed to be available in both floppy and tape format.
    Which tape format? I bet the it's the 6257 (?#), and that the
    IBM Internal Tape Backup Unit has been neglected again. Does anyone
    know?

2.) Will 1009 support SCSI hard disks of greater than 512 MB capacity?
    Either somebody made a very shortsighted mistake in limiting the
    installation code to SCSI disks < 512MB, or IBM is intentionally trying
    to screw those people that wish to use anything but IBM SCSI disks. If it
    was just an unintentional mistake, then surely it has been corrected
    by now. Surely?

hh
--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RIDL/DB         "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2