Risc/6000 date/time after New Year's

John F. Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Thu Jan 10 05:18:35 AEST 1991

In article <4941 at lure.latrobe.edu.au> CCVJ at lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:
>We have had problems too - no error messages, just the date going 5
>hours behind on reboot, since New Year.  We have been told that it
>will be fixed "properly" in update 2003 (I too am confused about the
>level numbering - currently its 01.01.0001.0003, I think 2003 referrs
>to 01.01.0002.0003?!).

The numbering scam (er, "scheme") is that 1xxx level PTFs are weekly
(bi-weekly, semi-moon-phase, whatever) updates.  The 2xxx level PTFs
are periodic relative updates.  You must have the previous level in
order to apply that PTF.  So, for 2003 to be used on your system you
must have applied either 2002 (recursively) or 3002.  Notice the way
that last digit increments.  The 3xxx level PTF is cummulative since
the beginning of time.  You can apply 3003 to GOLD, 3001, or 3002.
Thus, 3003 and 2003 will get you to the same place iff you are running
3002 already.

As for the date and time problem - did you ever check your timezone
as someone else had suggested?

>This revision is expected in Australia in about two weeks

Say "G'day" to Peter Mays at NSD/Australia if you have the good
fortune to run in to him.
--
John F. Haugh II       | This space intentionally |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4330
SneakerNet: 809/1C079  |      left blank ...      |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ