Risc/6000 date/time after New Year's

Ken Lerman lerman at stpstn.UUCP
Sat Jan 5 10:12:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan3.200740.16131 at portia.Stanford.EDU> keith at sscsu.Stanford.EDU (Keith Rich) writes:
.
.I find that the date/time is wrong whenever I reboot.  I didn't have this
.problem until after New Year's.  The first reboot after New Year's seemed
.to lose a day.  This happened on the second, but it said the first.  Now
.I have reset the date (using smit), but when I reboot, the clock is about
.five hours slow (I tried several times).  I am running AIX 3.1 rev 1.3,
.and I have also seen the problem on AIX 3.1 rev 1.2 (is there a standard
.way to say this?).
.
.When I set the date (using either smit or just date), it replies with:
.
.date: The time service is not available on your system.
.
.So, does anyone know how I can fix this?
.
.Keith Rich (keith at sscsu.stanford.edu)

I had a similar problem.  After the start of the new year, I found
that my machine's time was off by one second.  I (mistakingly, I
guess) attibuted to the leap second which was added by the time gods
this year.  :-)

Ken