Dials and Windows - Molecular Modeling Analysis Program

gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Thu Jan 3 14:04:32 AEST 1991

Hi

We, at Wesleyan, have developed a software called "Dials and Windows", which is
a very useful graphical tool for analyzing the huge amount of data produced by
typical molecular modelling of nucleic acids and proteins. This program is a
graphical interface to "Curves" algorithm developed by Richard Lavery and Heinz
Sklenar to study irregular nucleic acid and proteins. "Dials and Windows" runs
currently on a wide variety of graphics plateforms and can analyze data from
the most common molecular modelling software. We are getting ready to
distribute it to the educational institutions and if anyone is interested in
knowing more about this, please let me know by sending e-mail to me:

	gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu		Internet
	gr at wesleyan				BITNET

There will be some paperwork required (license as well as information to keep
on our file for future updates) before receiving the software and we do charge
a small fee, mainly to cover the cost of media and documentation. Currently,
the program runs under VAX/VMS, Unix System V.x and AIX V3.x. The graphical
interface requires VAX/GKS, Silicon Graphics GL or Postscript printers (or
interpreters). We provide our own Postscript drivers, so if the user wishes to
use only the Postscript graphics, the GKS and GL are not required.

G. Ravishanker