Literate programming interface for C

Jonathan Eunice jonathan at cs.pitt.edu
Mon Jan 14 05:23:31 AEST 1991

I need a program that supports a literate programming style for the
C language.  It should allow me to enter pseudo-code such as

	if <the device is not responding> {
		<stop with device failure error>
	}

then select individual pseudo-code expressions (here delimited by <>)
and edit them in native C.  The ability to arbitrarily switch between
pseudo-expression and C representations is highly desirable, as is the
maintenance of the pseudo-expressions as comments in program listings.

This is to run on an IBM RS/6000 with AIX 3.1.  An X Windows tool
preferred, but character-oriented or NextStep programs also
acceptable.  Free programs preferred (of course!), but commercial
programs also acceptable.  For "free" programs, I am willing to port
to the RS/6000 as the price of admission.

Please email me and I will summarize for the net.