BSC-Link from RS/6000 to /1-Modell via MPQP ?

Wolfgang Ksoll woks4000 at mailgzrz.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 14 02:35:11 AEST 1991

Hello,
I want to set up a link from a RS/6000 with a Multiprotocol Quad Port
Device via BSC to a /1-Modell. In Infoexplorer I found some manual-pages
about mpmpx, mpioctl, mpopen etc. Before I start to write a simple filetransfer
application, I would like to gather some informations.

I was told that the IBM Binary Synchronous Read/write Facility/6000, IBM PRPQ,
is not available. :-( So I guess that I have to do it one level below.
My first question is: Does a programmers manual exist for the MPQP?
If not, has anyone a little example (some ten lines or so) to start a
communication via BSC? My background is sockets-orientated (TCP/IP) and
I have some experience with asynchronous communication (8250 an relatives).

The /1-side of the communication is no problem. (It will not be done by me ;-)

Any hints to examples, programs or product numbers are highly appreciated.
Thank you for your patience,

Wolfgang Ksoll           woks4000 at w104zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de