Kermit on RS/6000

Arne Henrik Juul arnej at lise.unit.no
Sat Jan 26 06:36:52 AEST 1991

I have tried the newest kermit I had on the RS/6000, and got it to
compile with only small problems. However, a very strange thing
happens when I use it:

I have to type a multiple of 4 chars before kermit gets the input.
Since this kermit seems to do some primitive command-line editing, it
is almost certain that the 'cbreak' mode is somehow broken. Has anyone
else had problems with this?
 If anyone would care to tell me: what is the 'one true way' of
receiving character-at-a-time input in AIX v.3.1 on the rs/6000?

advTHANKSance!

Arne H. Juul

arnej at lise.unit.no   -- internet mail please        -- hacker -
Arne.Juul at unit.no    -- X/400 mail for sadists      --    I   -