Bench mark test for Transaction Manager

Tamer Ozsu mto at gte.com
Fri Jan 25 08:43:39 AEST 1991

In article <972 at bv8c02.UUCP> sanjog at bv8c02.UUCP (Sanjaog Gad) writes:

>	Hi netters,
>
>	I am looking for some information about standard bench mark test
>	for Transaction Manager. (To calculate transactions per sec). I
>	would like to know about the test environment conditions, their
		[stuff deleted]
	If anybody knows any book, any article published in some magazine,
>	research article, book describing above methods, please let me know.
>
>					   Sanjog Gad

This may not help you much if you need this information immediately,
but Jim Gray has a new book coming out within the next little while
that deals exactly with these issues. It is actually an edited book on
database benchmarking. I have not seen the entire contents yet, so I
can't comment on its suitability to your needs, but you may want to
contact the publisher to get more information:

Morgan Kaufmann
2929 Campus Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403

I am not sure who is representing them in Europe though.
==Tamer

--
M. Tamer Ozsu				Telephone:	(617) 466-2098
GTE Laboratories			      Fax:	(617) 290-0628
40 Sylvan Road				 Internet:	mto at gte.com
Waltham, MA 02254