Emacs compilation-parse-errors function needed

Bob Nolty nolty at kastor.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 25 09:57:18 AEST 1991

With the emacs "compile" command you can save error messages from a
compilation in an emacs buffer; then the "next-error" command will
visit the appropriate file and line number for each error.  This
works great if your compiler produces error messages that look like
the ones emacs knows about, but the AIX cc error messages are completely
different.  I'm thinking about rewriting the emacs lisp function
called "compilation-parse-errors".  Before I do that, is there anyone
out there who has already made "next-error" work with AIX cc?