Best banded matrix solver for the RS-6000?

CRAYJOHN at cc.utah.edu CRAYJOHN at cc.utah.edu
Mon Jan 14 07:21:05 AEST 1991

	I am is need of the best (i.e. fastest-optimized) routine for
solving a banded matrix.  I run the routine that calls the linear system
solver on both a RS-6000 (for small jobs) and an IBM3090/600
 for the larger jobs.  The n for the matrices ranges from as small as
8000 to as large as 82,000.  Since, for the larger systems, the calculations
take in the CPU days I want the best solver I can find.  Any suggestions and/or
comments would be welcome.

				Thanks,

				Chris Johnson
				CRAYJOHN at CC.UTAH.EDU