Memory upgrades to R/6000s

Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at caradhras.cc.nd.edu
Thu Jan 17 02:37:00 AEST 1991

   Is there a low cost way of upgrading the memory
on a model 320??  As far as I know, IBM is the only
company that sells the memory boards, but I also
hear that the system memory consists of a board
with SIMMS of some sort mounted on it.  Is it
possible for me to just scrap the current set of SIMMS
and replace them with something else?  Will it take
straight parity SIMMS i doubt it tho).  Does
any one else out there manufacture these ?

	Has anyone out there actually upgraded the
memory themselves??

Thanx in advance for the info

Mahesh Subramanya                     INTERNET: mahesh at caradhras.cc.nd.edu
Senior Analyst
Office of University Computing        NeXT:     mahesh at numenor.next.nd.edu
University of Notre Dame              Voice:    (219) 239-5600  x6421
Notre Dame,  IN  46556